My Activity Tracking
My target 150 kms
I’m taking on the K’s for R U OK? challenge!
This July, I’m making a commitment to walk every day and clock my K’s for R U OK?
I’m taking on the K’s for R U OK? challenge to stay connected, develop consistent habits, and create a world where we're connected and protected from suicide.
Please support my efforts by donating, and together let's get everyone asking R U OK?, starting conversations and changing lives!
Day 31 and Challenge Complete!Friday 31st Jul
100kms and tired feetTuesday 21st Jul
And today marks 100km walked for RUOK 😊
So a little reflection to celebrate this milestone.
· Today I am GRATEFUL that during this crazy COVID time I live in Australia and that both my husband and I are still employed. Two South African mountain bikers I had a chat with on the trail reminded me that I would not be able to walk alone with my dog in relative safety and they would not be out riding (at least not without a gun, and even then highly unlikely) if we were living in South Africa. These two gents and another person at a pilates session this morning, also talked about the mental toughness of being made redundant, having hours drastically reduced or just laid off until work picks up. And, that while the opportunity to exercise helps, it cannot stop the stress and concern that comes with reduced income and a brain that still wants to be in ‘work mode’.
· Today I LEARNT that a 9km hike is too far a stretch from 6km at this stage post-surgery… my feet hurt, a lot it turns out ☹ Looks like I’ll need to limit it to 7km for a bit.
· Today I ACHIEVED a 9km hike, the longest since my surgery last December.
· And during my hike I was DELIGHTED by the sound of the small birds chattering away, the magpies chortling and the pink and grey galahs screeching away as they do.
· What made you GLAD today?
Don’t forget to check in with friends, family, work colleagues and ask RU OK?
And, if you’d like to donate some funds to the RU OK? Challenge, well you know what to do… https://join.ruok.org.au/s/220/221Share